Vegan Almond Cookies (6 Ingredients!)
Vegan almond cookies – easy, delicious, and made with just six ingredients! When you’re craving soft, chewy cookies and only have 30 minutes on hand, these are the perfect solution. Gluten-free and oil-free.
Cookies, cookies, cookies. One of the many keys to my heart. Others include chocolate cake and brownies. But there’s just something so special about warm cookies dipped in oat milk. I could sit and do that for the whole day. And that’s what I’ve done over the last week to get me through vacation essay writing.
Anyway, I’m here with a super simple recipe for these vegan almond cookies, which require just six ingredients and are practically effortless!
6-ingredient vegan almond cookies
What do I look for in my cookies? Well, I have (very) high standards. First of all, they ought to have a chewy, soft centre. Crunchy is fine sometimes, but I am on team chewy 100%.
Secondly, they have to be crunchy on the outside, just to give the chewy centre a little bit of extra oomph. Flavour is super important, and getting just the right amount of sweetness is tricky.
Well, these almond cookies tick all those boxes. The inside is perfectly chewy and soft, staying like that hours after baking. Surrounding it is a layer of crunch, and supplementing everything is the addition of chopped almonds. For someone who isn’t a fan of plain cookies, this is the perfect addition to bring in a little bit of interest to the texture.
What’s to love about these easy vegan cookies?
- Easy to make. You need just one bowl, no fancy equipment, and no baking experience to succeed at this vegan cookie recipe every time.
- Great for parties and special occasions. Think Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays, etc. These will impress all vegans and non-vegans.
- Gluten-free, yet still with the perfect texture and flavour!
- Oil-free. Homemade apple purée is used to add moisture and bind the ingredients.
- Made with just 6 ingredients.
- Fluffy, soft and moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
How to make these simple vegan cookies
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/350 F.
Add the apples to a non-stick saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until the apples begin to soften. Transfer them to a blender and blend until a smooth purée forms.
To a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour and baking powder. Whisk together, then add the coconut sugar and apple sauce. Continue whisking, then add the gluten-free flour.
Using around 1.5-2 tbsp of dough per cookie, form rough spherical shapes on a sheet of baking paper. Bake in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Serve immediately, or store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Substitutions and tips
- I would not recommend switching out the almond flour because it creates the best texture and flavour out of all the ones that I’ve tried.
- You can use any other variety of chopped nuts instead of the almonds.
- Best served with a drizzle of nut butter on top!
Other vegan cookie recipes
Let me know in the comments: what’s your favourite way to eat cookies? If you give these easy vegan almond cookies, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@earthofmariaa) so I can see your recreations, and leave your feedback in the comments below.
Get the Recipe: Vegan Almond Cookies (6 Ingredients!)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup apple sauce, * See recipe notes for instructions on how to make
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- Conventional oven
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Greaseproof paper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/350 F.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour and baking powder. Whisk together, then add the coconut sugar and apple sauce. Continue whisking, then add the gluten-free flour.
- Using around 1.5-2 tbsp of dough per cookie, form rough spherical shapes on a sheet of baking paper. Bake in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve immediately, or store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.