Get the Recipe:
Crispy Zucchini Fries Recipe (Vegan)
These crispy zucchini fries are perfect for an easy vegan snack or appetizer. They are super crunchy, ready in under 30 minutes, and great for the summer! Serve with a delicious 5-ingredient garlic cashew dip.
Cut the zucchini either into fries or circles. To cut the zucchini into fries, firstly remove the ends, then half the zucchini horizontally. Then, proceed to cut each half into 4 segments. You can proceed to half these once more for thinner fries.
Add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast to a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
Dip each zucchini fry into plant based milk, then into the breading. Make sure that it's evenly-coated, and shake off any excess plant based milk before dipping it into the breadcrumb mixture.
Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat for around 30 seconds. Next, add the zucchini fries and cook for around 3-4 minutes, rotating around once every minute using kitchen tongs, until crispy and golden brown on all sides. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels before moving onto the next batch.
Make the dip. Add the cashews, plant based milk, vegan cheese, garlic and miso paste to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve immediately with the fries.
Tips for success
- Make sure that the fries are even-sized.
- Avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Add more oil to the pan as necessary to ensure that the zucchini fries don't burn or stick.
- To ensure the best crispiness, these fries are best eaten straight away. But you can keep them in the fridge for up to 2-3 days in an airtight container. Reheat in the oven at 200 degrees C (400 F) for around 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 F) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Arrange the breaded zucchini on the baking tray, making sure not to overcrowd. Bake for around 25-30 minutes until crispy and golden brown, rotating half way through using kitchen tongs.
Calories: 522kcal, Carbohydrates: 68g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 596mg, Potassium: 1022mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 734IU, Vitamin C: 44mg, Calcium: 235mg, Iron: 6mg