Vegan pumpkin baked oatmeal makes a great breakfast in the fall, that’s delicious and cosy with plenty of pumpkin spice flavours. Made with chocolate chunks and sweetened with banana, you will love this wholesome gluten-free breakfast on a cold morning!
I’m back with another breakfast post because a) it’s pumpkin season and I need to make the most of it, and b) I’m a huge breakfast lover. The mornings are getting colder, and I always need something warm to get the day started. Hence, baked porridge.
Oats are great by themselves, but baking them makes it seem like you’re eating literal dessert for breakfast. But, said dessert is still good for you! If you’re like me and love comforting breakfasts, you need to give this one a go.
Pumpkin pie baked oats
It’s fall as I’m writing this, which means that everything has to be pumpkin-flavoured. Including breakfasts, of course. The key ingredient here is pumpkin purée. You can make your own (I usually do), or used the canned variety. Either way, it’s gonna be delicious.
I also added peanut butter, which is great for flavour and texture. Peanut butter, after all, makes everything better. The porridge is sweetened with both banana and coconut sugar as they work really well together and make the kitchen smell amazing.
And the key element is the spices. Do not skip these for the best pumpkin baked oatmeal! After all, pumpkin spice is a classic flavour for a reason. And something even better than a pumpkin spice latte is baked oats which will make all your pumpkin dreams come true!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Pumpkin purée. You can make your own easily by roasting a sweet pumpkin variety and blending it. Butternut squash works too.
- Banana, for sweetness and texture. You’ll think you’re eating pumpkin-flavoured banana bread!
- Cinnamon. A classic fall spice.
- Whole cloves. These are key to achieving a pumpkin spice flavour.
- Coconut sugar. Maple or date syrup work too.
- Peanut butter. Or, any other nut or seed butter of your choice.
- Plant based milk of your choice. I love oat milk or almond milk.
- Gluten-free rolled oats.
- Dark dairy-free chocolate. This is very much recommended, as they taste delicious when they melt!
How to make the best pumpkin baked oats
It’s super easy! Firstly, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 F).
Meanwhile, add the pumpkin purée, banana, cinnamon, cloves, coconut sugar, peanut butter and plant based milk. Blend until very smooth.
Now transfer the oats to a mixing bowl, followed by the ‘sauce’ and the dark chocolate. Mix together really well and pour into a rectangular baking dish, adding more chocolate and banana on top if desired.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, but make sure not to overdo it or bake at too high of a temperature because they do have a tendency to dry out very quickly.
Other delicious pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin pie
- Chocolate pumpkin pancakes
- Creamy pumpkin pasta
- Sweet pumpkin hummus
- Vegetable pumpkin stir-fry
Let me know in the comments: what’s your favourite way to cook oatmeal? If you give this vegan pumpkin baked oatmeal recipe a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@earthofmariaa) so I can see your creations, and leave your feedback in the comments below together with a star rating.
Pumpkin Vegan Baked Oatmeal
- Conventional oven
- Blender or food processor
- Mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chopped
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 F).
- Add the pumpkin purée, banana, cinnamon, cloves, coconut sugar, peanut butter and plant based milk. Blend until very smooth.
- Transfer the oats to a mixing bowl, followed by the ‘sauce’ and the dark chocolate. Mix together really well and pour into a rectangular baking dish, adding more chocolate and banana on top if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, but make sure not to overdo it or bake at too high of a temperature because they do have a tendency to dry out very quickly.