Vegan Coconut Vegetable Noodle Stir-fry
This vegan coconut vegetable noodle stir-fry is a delicious, healthy 15-minute meal that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner! Made with lots of vegetables and a rich, creamy coconut sauce, this easy meal is packed full of flavour and completely fuss-free. Gluten-free.
Noodles deserve nothing other than the heart eyes emoji. I’m pretty obsessed with them, and with this easy coconut vegetable and mushroom stir-fry in particular. Nowadays, it’s definitely a staple weeknight dinner for me – or whole week long dinner, to be more accurate, because I could easily eat stir-fry every day.
You’ve probably noticed that I’ve posted plenty of really simple, quick recipes recently that require minimal equipment, ingredients and preparation. Because as a busy student I simply don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen, a lot of that has grown out of necessity.
But I feel like from the start, my blog has headed in that general direction – my goal, after all, is to show people that plant based cooking is as easy or complicated as you want. And I feel like this coconut vegetable stir-fry fits perfectly into the parameters of ‘easy, healthy, delicious’.
Vegan Coconut Vegetable Noodle Stir-fry
As you can see, this recipe is packed full of vibrant vegetables that bring along both wholesomeness and flavour. I used chestnut and oyster mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper, green peas and spinach. But the great thing about stir-fries is just how versatile they are! So if you don’t have any of those on hand, feel free to use whatever veggies you have in the fridge instead – either fresh or frozen.
The star of the show is, of course, the coconut sauce. I love making sauces with coconut milk because it adds a lot of creaminess and does not require many more ingredients. The final product has a really rich and nutty flavour, and preparing it is as easy as stirring the ingredients together! If you don’t want to stand in the kitchen for any longer than 15 minutes, I’d totally recommend you give this one a go.
You’ll love this coconut stir-fry because it’s…
- Incredibly flavourful.
- Made with wholesome, healthy ingredients.
- Ready in under 20 minutes.
- Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
- A great way to eat more vegetables.
How to make coconut mushroom stir-fry
Cook the rice noodles according to packaging instructions. This usually takes around 10 minutes. Drain and rinse when ready.
Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a large wok/pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant
Now add the oyster mushrooms and chestnut mushrooms, cooking for 2-3 minutes more, until they soften.
Add the carrots and bell peppers and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by stirring together the almond butter, rice vinegar, coconut milk, tomato paste, tamari, and lemon juice.
Add the sauce to the wok/pan with the vegetables together with the cooked noodles and spinach. Mix together using kitchen tongs for a few minutes, until the noodles are coated throughout and the spinach wilts.
Recipe tips and substitutions
- You can use any nut or seed butter of your choice in the sauce.
- The rice noodles can be replaces with any vegan noodles of your choice.
- Reduced fat coconut milk would work too, but the sauce just won’t be as creamy.
- You can use soy sauce instead of tamari if not avoiding gluten. Use coconut aminos for a soy-free version.
Other recipes you might like…
- My vegetable pumpkin stir-fry is another excellent weeknight dinner idea.
- If you like pasta and noodles, try pasta with tempeh and roasted cauliflower.
- Miso tahini soba noodles with oyster mushrooms is another favourite stir-fry of mine.
- If you love noodles, you will love these easy vegan peanut noodles.
Let me know: what’s your favourite ingredient to put in stir fries? If you give this coconut vegetable noodle stir-fry a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@earthofmariaa) so I can see your creations, and leave your feedback in the comments below together with a star rating.
Get the Recipe: Vegan Coconut Vegetable Noodle Stir-fry
- 10 oz rice noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup chestnut mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 1 medium bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cups spinach
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Wok or pan
- Mixing bowl
- Cook the rice noodles according to packaging instructions. This usually takes around 10 minutes. Drain and rinse when ready.
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a large wok/pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant
- Now add the oyster mushrooms and chestnut mushrooms, cooking for 2-3 minutes more, until they soften.
- Add the carrots and bell peppers and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by stirring together the almond butter, rice vinegar, coconut milk, tomato paste, tamari, and lemon juice.
- Add the sauce to the wok/pan with the vegetables together with cooked noodles, green peas and spinach. Mix together using kitchen tongs for a few minutes, until the noodles are coated throughout and the spinach wilts.