Tofu Noodles With Asparagus
Try these tofu noodles with asparagus! Creamy and flavorful, this is a weeknight dinner packed with flavor, ready in just 15 minutes and completely fuss-free.
Except for when I’m cooking and styling meals for this blog and my Instagram, I admit that I can be quite lazy when it comes to food. When I was at uni, my meals were always quick and simple but still nutritious. Those types of meals are still some of my favorites. Sometimes that involves creating leftovers bowls using whatever ingredients I have in the fridge. At other times, I still follow recipes, but ones that require minimal time and effort.
So, I can without doubt say that I love these tofu noodles. Noodles in general are always a good idea, especially when you’re craving something super quick and comforting, without having to spend excess time in the kitchen. Give them a go, and I’m sure you’ll love them as much as I do!
Creamy vegan tofu noodles
I try to ensure all of the recipes on this blog are beginner friendly and not overcomplicated, but this one takes easy to a whole new level. However, easy certainly doesn’t mean bland or flavourless – I would recommend you prepare more than one portion of this, because chances are you’ll want to go back for seconds!
The sauce is made not only from a simple plant based milk base, but also tofu for extra creaminess and some vegan protein too. If you’ve never cooked with tofu before or didn’t enjoy your previous experiences, there are so many different ways to make tofu taste good, and this is definitely one of them. The overall flavour of the sauce is savoury and rich, with just the right amount of saltiness.
The rest of the ingredients for these tofu noodles are very simple. I love to use a good amount of vegetables, such as carrots, and of course the asparagus. The asparagus definitely adds a unique touch and freshness, which makes the meal as a whole great for warm weather.
How to make tofu noodles
Start by heating olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and carrot, cooking for 4-5 minutes, until they soften.
Now add crumbled tofu, plant based milk, vegetable stock, noodles, and apple cider vinegar. Simmer over a medium heat for around 5 minutes, until the noodles are almost cooked through.
Add the asparagus and spinach, and cook for 5 minutes more, until the spinach wilts and the asparagus softens. Season to taste with salt before serving.
Tips and substitutionns
- You can use any vegan noodles of your choice for this recipe. Pasta also works.
- Feel free to add any other vegetables of your choice, such as broccoli, zucchini, or peppers.
- Use coconut milk if you want an even creamier consistency, or add cornstarch at the end of the cooking process.
- Silken tofu also works for these tofu noodles.
- If you want a bit more of a ‘cheesy’ flavour, add some nutritional yeast during the cooking process.
- These tofu noodles are best eaten straight away, but you can keep them in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Other vegan noodle recipes
- Chilli garlic noodles are flavorful and super easy to make!
- Try easy peanut noodles for another 15-minute dish.
- My noodle soup with roasted chickpeas is effortless and delicious.
- A coconut vegetable noodle stir-fry is always a good idea.
Let me know in the comments – what’s your favourite noodle recipe? If you give these vegan tofu nooodles a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@earthofmariaa) so I can see your creations, and leave your feedback in the comments below together with a star rating!
Get the Recipe: Vegan Tofu Noodles With Asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 10 oz tofu, crumbled
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 10 oz noodles
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and carrot, cooking for 4-5 minutes, until they soften.
- Add crumbled tofu, plant based milk, vegetable stock, noodles, and apple cider vinegar. Simmer over a medium heat for around 5 minutes, until the noodles are almost cooked through.
- Add the asparagus and spinach, and cook for 5 minutes more, until the spinach wilts and the asparagus softens. Season to taste with salt before serving.