Easy Black Bean And Vegetable Rice Soup
This vegan black bean rice soup with vegetables is a cosy, comforting dish to warm up with on a chilly evening. Make this for lunch or dinner with simple ingredients and enjoy with a slice of your favourite bread! Oil-free, whole foods plantbased.
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 medium green chilli pepper finely chopped, optional
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers finely diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup wholegrain rice dry
- 1.5 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes chopped
- 10 stalks asparagus chopped
- 2.5 cups cooked black beans
- 6 cups vegetable broth adjust depending on how thick you want your soup to be
- 1 tbsp brown rice miso paste
- pinch dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley and sesame seeds, to garnish
Add the onions, garlic cloves, green chilli peppers, paprika and garlic granules to a saucepan on a medium-high heat. Stir for 2-3 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
Add bell pepper and carrots with the garam masala and curry powder and allow those vegetables to soften for 2 minutes or so before adding the wholegrain rice, cauliflower, celery, cherry tomatoes and 4 cups of the water/veggie stock. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, stir in the black beans, asparagus, miso paste, dried thyme and remaining water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer once more for a further 10 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through.
Serve immediately with fresh parsley and sesame seeds
Calories: 704kcal | Carbohydrates: 139g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3257mg | Potassium: 1991mg | Fiber: 29g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 13620IU | Vitamin C: 76.2mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 10.2mg