Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
The best vegan pumpkin pie recipe from scratch! This amazing dairy-free recipe features a homemade flaky pie crust and a smooth, subtly sweet pumpkin filling. It’s guaranteed to be a crowdpleaser at any special occasion!
Who doesn’t love pumpkin pie?! It’s certainly one of my favorite seasonal desserts, and the great news is that it’s so easy to make a homemade vegan pumpkin pie from scratch. Even if you’re not an expert baker, you can whip up an impressive dessert and serve it for special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can guarantee that everyone will be impressed!
My dairy-free pumpkin pie recipe features just simple ingredients and a very approachable method. I love making a homemade crust which is buttery and flaky. The pumpkin pie filling is smooth and custardy, and will make your whole kitchen smell amazing. If you’re looking for a go-to vegan pumpkin pie recipe, look no further!
Ingredient notes for vegan pumpkin pie
- Pie crust. I used my homemade vegan pie crust recipe, but you can also use a store-bought one if you want to save time.
- Pumpkin purée. You can use either canned pumpkin purée (make sure it’s plain and unsweetened), or make your own from scratch using my tutorial on how to make pumpkin purée.
- Cornstarch. This will be used for thickening the pie filling, resulting in a custardy, smooth consistency.
- Cinnamon. You can also use a store bought pumpkin spice blend.
- Brown sugar. You can also use coconut sugar.
- Maple syrup. You can also use another liquid sweetener of your choice.
- Plant based milk. Use any unsweetened variety of your choice,
- A pinch of salt.
- Soy cream or any other vegan cream alternative of your choice. You can also use full faat coconut milk from a can – just make sure to use the white solid part.
- Vanilla extract.
How to make vegan pumpkin pie
Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees C/350 F.
To a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin purée, cornstarch, cinnamon, brown sugar, maple syrup, plant based milk, soy cream and vanilla extract. Use a handheld mixer to whisk until the mixture is smooth. You can also do this in a food processor or blender.
Pour the filling into a 9-inch tin lined with the vegan pie crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes.
Transfer to the fridge and allow to cool for at least an hour before slicing and serving with vegan whipped cream.
How to make pumpkin pie ahead of time
This is a perfect dessert for making ahead of time. You can prepare the pie crust the day before you want to serve the vegan pumpkin pie, then simply make the filling and bake as usual.
Instructions for storage and freezing
The dairy-free pumpkin pie keeps well in the fridge, covered, for up to a week. You can also freeze it as individual slices for up to 2 months in a freezer-friendly container. When ready to serve, allow to thaw fully in the fridge.
Other amazing vegan dessert recipes
- If you love pumpkin, you’ll love my vegan pumpkin bread.
- Vegan banana chocolate chip muffins are easy to make and super fluffy.
- Vegan cinnamon rolls are always a classic!
- No-bake cookie dough bars are a must-try.
- Vegan chocolate granola bars also make a fantastic dessert for breakfast!
If you give this vegan pumpkin pie recipe a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@earthofmariaa) so I can see your creations, and leave your feedback in the comments below together with a star rating.
Get the Recipe: Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plant based milk
- 1 cup soy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 vegan pie crust
- Conventional oven
- Mixing bowl
- Handheld mixer
- 9 inch pie tin
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/350 F.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin purée, cornstarch, cinnamon, brown sugar, maple syrup, plant based milk, soy cream and vanilla extract. Use a handheld mixer to whisk until the mixture is smooth. You can also do this in a food processor or blender.2 1/2 cups pumpkin purée, 2 tbsp cornstarch, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup plant based milk, 1 cup soy cream, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the filling into a 9-inch pie tin lined with the vegan pie crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes.1 vegan pie crust
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to cool for at least an hour before slicing and serving with vegan whipped cream.