This flavourful tempeh pasta with roasted cauliflower is ideal as a cosy, nutritious dinner or a make-ahead lunch. Make it with simple ingredients in just 25 minutes! Vegan and gluten-free.
I want to talk about good habits for a second. I know everyone on the internet talks about them all the time, but I just want to quickly emphasise their importance in my life.
When we’re busy, it’s so so easy to neglect the exact things that allow us to get less done in the same amount of time. By that I mean, of course, things like sleep, adequate nutrition, exercise. There’s also others like meditation and journaling, but for me those core habits make the most difference. If I neglect one or more of them, I literally feel like a completely different person. I don’t have the same mental clarity or motivation, and find myself finishing tasks waaay later than expected.
Of course, making your health a priority may mean cutting back in other areas of your life. For example, I practice quite rigid time management and try to be as disciplined as possible with avoiding procrastination. I wake up very early to get to the gym (which, after doing it for so long, doesn’t feel difficult anymore). But I just know I’ll get a lot more good work done if I, for example, get 7-8 hours of sleep than if I stay up way too long, or if I make myself a nutritious meals.
So, let me know in the comments: what habits are the most important to you, and what do you do to make room for them?
Now, let’s talk about this vegan tempeh and cauliflower pasta bowl.
Talking about it seems appropriate now that I’ve brought up nutritious meals. One thing I can say straight away is that recipes like this are my absolute favourite. We all know that I’m all about closing that assumption that healthy eating is restrictive. This bowl is the sort of proof I like to use because not only is it packed full of vegetables and protein, but also wholesome and satisfying.
To make this tempeh pasta, we’re gonna use:
Roasted cauliflower: one of my favourite vegetables to throw into salads and pasta dishes. Firstly, it adds plenty of amazing texture. Secondly, you can make so many different sauces and spice combinations to switch it up every time! Here, were using a simple combo of cumin, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, which nicely complements the other aspects of the meal.
Crumbled tempeh: this is also something I cook with a lot. It’s a great natural alternative for minced meat (if you don’t want to use store-brought substitutes) and also high in protein.
Gluten-free red lentil pasta: this takes the protein content of the dish even further. However, you can replace it with any pasta variety or shape.
Vegetables: of course, vegetables are a must. Most of my recipes feature a huge amount and I ain’t ashamed. For the cauliflower bowl I used green bell pepper, fresh cherry tomatoes and spinach but if you don’t have those on hand, use any other ones of your choice. Think zucchini, cucumber, leftover cooked pumpkin/squash, etc.
Be sure to make some extra so you can enjoy this tempeh pasta once more the next day! Or if you’re like me, eat it straight away as seconds/an evening snack, because more pasta is always a great idea.
Why do I love this tempeh pasta with cauliflower?
- Seriously beyond delicious! I was so happy with how it turned out – you won’t be bored at any point throughout eating this.
- Perfect as a cosy dish for autumn and winter.
- High in plantbased protein.
- Made from whole food ingredients.
- Gluten-free, as long as you use gluten-free pasta.
- Ideal for meal prep: store it in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
- Pretty much your new favourite way to eat cauliflower.
- Easy to make and perfectly beginner-friendly.
If you give this recipe a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram or comment a photo on Pinterest so I can see your creations!
Vegan Tempeh Pasta With Roasted Cauliflower
- 2 cups red lentil pasta or any other pasta variety of choice, dry
- 18 oz cauliflower florets
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 7 oz tempeh crumbled
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 7 oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tahini to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/ 392 F. Cook pasta according to instructions on packaging.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with the cumin, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Arrange on a non-stick baking sheet or baking paper and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Add the garlic and green bell pepper to a non-stick frying pan and cook on a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Then, add the tempeh, and cook for a further 5-7 minutes, until crispy and cooked through.
- Combine the cauliflower and tempeh with the spinach and cherry tomatoes. Serve straight away with the tahini, or store in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Pin this for later!