4-Ingredient Sweet Pumpkin Hummus
This 4-ingredient sweet pumpkin hummus is perfectly smooth and thick, and wonderful dip to serve as a snack, side dish or appetizer. I also love using it as a delicious spread for toast and rice cakes! Vegan and gluten-free.
You know those dips that are so good you just want to eat them by themselves with a spoon? Yep, this is 100% one of them. Whenever I make this pumpkin dessert hummus, most of it disappears before I actually manage to serve it.
I talk a lot about my love for chickpeas, because why wouldn’t I?! You can use them to make everything from cookie dough and cake, to curries and salads. Hummus, of course, is everyone’s favourite chickpea-based recipe, but today we’re adding a bit of a twist. After all, I’m over here celebrating pumpkin season for as long as I possibly can.
You only need 4 main ingredients for this pumpkin hummus (if we don’t count the water): chickpeas, pumpkin purée, maple syrup/dates and tahini. The end result is perfectly sweet and creamy, and brilliant if you’re craving hummus but have a sweet tooth at the same time. And the preparation literally couldn’t be easier! So yeah, I recommend you go and make this asap while pumpkin is still around.
Why I’m obsessed with pumpkin hummus
- Incredibly yummy and moreish (incase you’re unfamiliar with that term, in Britain it quite literally means that you want to eat more and more of it)
- Smooth and fluffy
- Sweet, but not to the point where the sweetness becomes overpowering
- Ready in five minutes
- Great for parties and gatherings
- Can be eaten as a snack, appetizer or side dish
How to make vegan dessert hummus
As I said, the preparation is totally beginner-friendly. Simply put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend for a couple of minutes until completely smooth. While you do this, gradually add a few tbsps of water as needed, but be sure not to add too much because this pumpkin hummus should be quite thick (I mean, that’s how I like mine, but you can adjust the thickness depending on your preferences).
When you’re done blending, transfer it to a bowl of your choice, drizzle with some tahini (optional but highly recommended) and you’re reading to serve!
How to serve pumpkin hummus
As I said, this hummus is perfect for sharing with others. There are plenty of occasions coming up: Halloween, thanksgiving, and endless family gatherings leading up to Christmas. So, bring this along to impress vegans and non-vegans alike. It works great as a dip for:
- Biscuits and crackers
…but also as a spread for toast, rice cakes and the like. And of course, eating it by itself is always a very viable option!
Other recipes you might like…
- Serve this hummus with almond butter veggie chips.
- Blackberry dessert pizza is another favourite sweet treat of mine.
- Chickpeas can also be used in a smoothie bowl!
Let me know in the comments: what’s your favourite way to use chickpeas? If you give this pumpkin hummus a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@earthofmariaa) or comment a photo on Pinterest so I can see your creations.
Get the Recipe: 4-Ingredient Sweet Pumpkin Hummus (Vegan + Gluten-free)
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, 2 cans canned
- 2 tbsp tahini, (plus more to serve)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, *
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Add the cooked chickpeas, tahini, canned pumpkin, maple syrup and water to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, adding more water as needed. Serve with more tahini drizzled on top.
Pin this for later!