Spicy Yogurt Pasta
This spicy yogurt pasta is incredibly easy to make in 15 minutes, but doesn’t miss any flavor! Make it with vegetables of your choice for a great healthy lunch or side dish. Gluten-free and made with simple ingredients.
You just can’t go wrong with pasta salads and cold pasta dishes in general. Hence my cold spaghetti salad is a reader favorite! They’re particularly great in summer time, when you wanna eat pasta, but still keep it refreshing. And I have to say that this dish ticks all the boxes.
Today, we’re making spicy yogurt pasta with cauliflower and broccoli. Although, it’s very versatile, so you can add other vegetables of your choice to it. The addition of sriracha and paprika add a wonderful spicy flavor to the creamy Greek yogurt base. There’s also a hint of zest from the lemon juice, and just overall deliciousness.
Serve this yogurt pasta either as a light lunch or side dish. Or, bring it along to BBQs and picnics. Everyone is guaranteed to be impressed! And they won’t guess that it took just 15 minutes to throw together.
How to make spicy yogurt pasta
It’s incredibly simple. Start by cooking the pasta according to instructions on packaging. This usually takes around 10 minutes. Drain and rinse when ready. At the same time, cook the broccoli and cauliflower florets until fully softened.
Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked broccoli and cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, scallions, garlic, salt, Greek yogurt, fresh cilantro, paprika, cumin, sriracha, and lemon juice. Stir together well, and you’re ready to serve!
This yoghurt pasta is best served immediately, but can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Tips and substitutions for yogurt pasta
- This yogurt pasta is easy to make gluten-free – simply use a gluten-free pasta variety.
- The sauce also works well with zucchini or sweet potato noodles.
- Feel free to add any other vegetables of your choice.
- To make this recipe vegan, use a dairy-free yogurt of your choice instead of Greek yogurt.
- Feel free to add a protein of your choice to the pasta, such as chicken, tofu, tuna, beans or lentils, etc.
Other delicious pasta recipes
- You will love my cold macaroni salad with tofu!
- Pea and avocado pesto pasta is a great refreshing meal.
- Creamy vegan pasta salad makes a yummy side dish.
- You can’t go wrong with one pot chickpea pasta for dinner.
- Butternut squash pasta is cozy and flavorful.
If you give this spicy yogurt pasta a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@earthofmariaa) and leave your feedback in the comments below together with a star rating.
Get the Recipe:
- 3 1/2 oz gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup cauliflower, florets
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt, minced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Mixing bowl
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on packaging. This usually takes around 10 minutes. Drain and rinse when ready.
- Cook the broccoli and cauliflower florets until fully softened.
- Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked broccoli and cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, scallions, garlic, salt, Greek yogurt, fresh cilantro, paprika, cumin, sriracha, and lemon juice. Stir together well, then serve.