Easy Vegan Peanut Noodles
These easy vegan peanut noodles are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner that’s ready in 15 minutes. Packed full of vegetables and rich flavour, it’s a meal that you’ll want to make multiple times a week!
I love noodles, I love peanut butter, and I love meals with lots of vegetables. So, I am super excited to be sharing this recipe. As you may know, for the past few weeks I’ve been sharing my favourite simple vegan recipes for Veganuary, and I couldn’t go much longer without sharing noodles.
If you enjoy flavourful comfort food that requires very little time, I’m sure you will love this recipe. I can’t get enough of it at the moment, and always go back for seconds!
About these vegan peanut noodles
Peanut butter in sauces makes such a great ingredient, and it’s even better when paired with chewy, delicious noodles.
The flavours in this meal are nutty and savoury, with a hint of spice. The vegetables bring in plenty of texture and really enhance the dish with their natural flavours. But despite how easy this meal is, you only need around 15 minutes to make it!
Serve peanut noodles for a quick lunch or dinner whenever you’re short on time. They’re ideal for a cold evening, when you need a big bowl of comfort with minimal fuss.
What noodles should I use?
You can use any noodles of your choice. Just check the back of the packaging to make sure that they’re vegan and don’t contain any products such as eggs or milk.
Here, I used gluten-free ramen. If you are looking for other good gluten-free options, you can use soba noodles, or rice noodles.
What vegetables should I use?
What I love about vegan peanut noodles is just how versatile they are! It’s a great dinner for cleaning out the fridge and using up any spare vegetables. As you can see, I added carrots, red onion, shiitake mushrooms, zucchini, green beans and kale.
But, vegetables such as Pak Choi, bell peppers, broccoli and snow peas also work well.
Peanut butter sauce
This peanut butter sauce is rich and packed full of flavour, but requires just a handful of ingredients. These are:
- Peanut butter. You can use either smooth or crunchy peanut butter.
- Tomato paste.
- Tamari. You can also use soy sauce if not avoiding gluten.
- Coconut sugar. You can also use maple syrup.
- Lemon juice.
- Cornstarch. This is for thickening the sauce.
How to make vegan peanut noodles
Cook the noodles according to packaging instructions, which usually takes around 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and add the garlic and red chilli. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook for a few minutes more.
Next, add the zucchini, green beans and carrots. Cook for around 5 minutes, until the vegetables soften.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by stirring together the peanut butter, tomato paste, tamari, coconut sugar, lemon juice, water and cornstarch.
Drain and rinse the noodles, then add them to the pan with the vegetables, followed by the sauce. Lower the heat and stir until the noodles are evenly-coated.
Other 15-minute recipes
- Miso tahini soba noodle stir-fry with oyster mushrooms
- Butter bean sweet potato stew
- Cauliflower Alfredo
- Coconut pasta
Let me know in the comments: what’s your favourite way to use peanut butter in savoury recipes? If you give these vegan peanut noodles a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@earthofmariaa) so I can see your creations, and leave your feedback in the comments below.
Get the Recipe: Easy Vegan Peanut Noodles
- 10 oz gluten-free noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 5 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 5 oz green beans, trimmed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- Frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Cook the noodles according to packaging instructions, which usually takes around 10 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and add the garlic and red chilli. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the zucchini, green beans and carrots. Cook for around 5 minutes, until the vegetables soften.
- Prepare the sauce by stirring together the peanut butter, tomato paste, tamari, coconut sugar, lemon juice, water and cornstarch.
- Drain and rinse the noodles, then add them to the pan with the vegetables, followed by the sauce and the kale. Lower the heat and stir until the noodles are evenly coated and the kale wilts.