Easy Skillet Breakfast Potatoes
These easy skillet breakfast potatoes are crispy, buttery and the perfect comfort food to serve for breakfast or brunch! Served with grated cheese and fresh herbs, this recipe is guaranteed deliciousness. They’re also vegan and made with just simple ingredients.
We all know how delicious and versatile potatoes are. But, I think that nothing beats having them for breakfast in the form of skillet breakfast potatoes. I love starting my weekends with crispy potato deliciousness, especially when they’re so fuss-free and require just a handful of very simple ingredients. If you’re like me and love hearty, savory breakfasts, I’m sure you’ll be able to relate!
These vegan breakfast potatoes are very easy, but outrageously delicious. They’re buttery, garlicky, and packed full of flavor in each bite. Perfectly crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy in the centre, it’s exactly what you would expect of any good potato dish. Served with grated dairy-free cheese and cilantro? Perfection.
What makes this vegan skillet potato recipe even better is the fact that you need just about 45 minutes to make them from start to finish, most of which is hands-off time. No need to run around the kitchen in the morning when you’re hangry and want to dig into some plant based comfort food!
How to make vegan skillet breakfast potatoes
Start by preparing your potatoes. You can peel them if you want, but I prefer to keep the skin on because it gets deliciously crispy. Chop them into bite-sized pieces – don’t make them too large, as they will take longer to bake.
Next, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/350 F and stir together vegan butter, paprika, and garlic. Transfer the potato chunks to a large mixing bowl, and pour the mixture over them, stirring thoroughly.
Season generously with salt and pepper, then transfer the potatoes to a large skillet, making sure not to overcrowd – you want the potatoes to be in a single layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until crispy and golden.
Sprinkle with vegan cheese and cilantro, and serve!
Instructions for storage and reheating
Vegan skillet breakfast potatoes are best served immediately for the most crispiness. You can, however, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave until fully warmed through, then serve as normal.
How to serve skillet breakfast potatoes
I absolutely love serving skillet potatoes with ketchup, avocado toast and scrambled tofu. They also work exceptionally well as part of a breakfast spread with vegan crepes. For a sauce, I would recommend either chunky guacamole, or spicy cashew cream. So delish!
Other amazing vegan breakfast recipes
- You can’t go wrong with sweet potato skillet!
- Weekends are best started with cinnamon rolls.
- If you love oats, you’ll love banana bread baked oatmeal.
- For another savory option, try potato waffles.
If you give these easy vegan skillet potatoes a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@earthofmariaa) and leave your feedback in the comments below together with a star rating! I love hearing from you.
Get the Recipe: Easy Skillet Breakfast Potatoes (Vegan)
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, (around 5 medium potatoes)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter , melted
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup cilantro , chopped
- Small mixing bowl
- Conventional oven
- Small mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- 12 inch skillet
- Prepare the potatoes. You can peel them if you want, then chop them into bite-sized pieces.1 1/2 lbs potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/350 F.
- Stir together vegan butter, paprika, and garlic. Transfer the potato chunks to a large mixing bowl, and pour the mixture over them, stirring thoroughly.3 tbsp vegan butter , 1 tsp paprika, 3 cloves garlic
- Season generously with salt and pepper, then transfer the potatoes to a large skillet, making sure not to overcrowd. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until crispy and golden.1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Sprinkle with the vegan cheese and cilantro, and serve!1/3 cup vegan cheese, 1/3 cup cilantro