Chocolate chip vegan cookie dough! Grab a spoon and dig into this healthier dessert that you can make in 5 minutes when you want something sweet. Gluten-free and 100% delicious!
I’m going through a serious cookie dough phase at the moment. I’ve been testing so many different variations of it and every single one makes my life a fraction better. A part of my obsession is the ease of preparation. And also there’s a particular satisfaction to eating cookie dough as opposed to actual cookies!
No shame to actual cookies, because we can all agree that they’re pretty phenomenal. But today is all about cookie dough, chocolate chips, and bringing them together to make next-level deliciousness.
About this vegan cookie dough
As I said, I’m obsessed with this recipe. When one thinks of 5-minute recipes, convenience and blandness often come to mind. But this kinda defeats that myth! This cookie dough is packed full of flavour and practically melts in your mouth. I always try to make it last at least a couple days, but proceed to eat the whole thing in one sitting lol.
It’s also healthier than most cookie dough recipes, made with almond flour and sweetened with maple syrup. You can leave out the chocolate chips if you want to make this oil-free, or replace them with frozen berries, dried fruit or nuts. Either way, it’s going to be delicious!
What ingredients do I need?
- Gluten-free oat flour. You can also use standard gluten-free all-purpose flour. To make your own oat flour, blend gluten-free oats in a blender or food processor.
- Almond flour. This is pretty essential and I wouldn’t recommend swapping it out. I’ve tried this recipe with coconut flour and the texture was slightly off.
- Coconut sugar.
- Good quality sea salt.
- Maple syrup.
- Plant based milk of your choice. Leave this out if you want a drier texture.
- Peanut butter. Alternatively, use any other nut or seed butter of your choice. Tahini works really well!
- Chocolate chips. Leave these out to make the recipe oil-free.
How to make the best egg-free cookie dough.
It couldn’t be easier! Firstly, stir together the dry ingredients (oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and salt).
Then, add the maple syrup, plant based milk and peanut butter. Stir together really well, using your hands if necessary, until a sticky cookie dough ball forms.
Finally, fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
You will love this no-bake treat!
- 100% vegan as always
- Egg-free and dairy-free
- Healthier than most cookie dough recipes
- Ready in 5 minutes
Other easy vegan desserts
- Easy chocolate mousse
- Millionaire shortbread
- Carrot cake bliss balls
- Carrot muffins
- Peanut butter cups
Let me know in the comments: what’s your favourite 5-minute dessert? If you give this vegan cookie dough a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@earthofmariaa) so I can see your creations, and leave your feedback in the comments below with a star rating!
Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookie Dough
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon and/or rubber spatula
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour (see recipe notes)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp plant based milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Firstly, stir together the oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, plant based milk and peanut butter. Stir together really well, using your hands if necessary, until a sticky cookie dough ball forms.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
- Make your own oat flour by adding gluten-free rolled oats to a blender or food processor and blending until a fine flour texture forms.